Share it

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spring 2013 Internships - Sea World


Around the same time that I applied to the Disney Professional Internship Program, I decided to apply at other places as well. My goal once I graduate is to get a position in hospitality marketing, so I want to get as much experience as possible. To that end, I applied to Sea World's PR Internship and plan on applying to Universal Studios when their internship become available (usually in December). To be honest, I forgot that I applied to the Sea World internship. They called me two weeks ago and I interviewed with them on the spot. They must of like me because they invited me in to interview in person.

This in-person interview is the same as the screener interview for Disney Professional Internships. Once they have interviewed everyone, they will discuss all of the candidates and choose who will receive a second interview. Here is how the interview went:

  • 9:30 - Arrived at Sea World human resources and checked-in with security
  • 9:40 - Aimee came out and took me to an office
  • Started with some basic questions
    • Are you in college?
    • Have you ever worked for Sea World?
    • Why do you want to do this internship?
  • The behavioral questions
    • Discuss a tense time you experienced and how you resolved it?
    • Discuss a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it?
    • Discuss a difficult situation there you experienced and how you handled it?
    • Discuss a time when you had to work with someone difficult and how you handled them?
We talked a little bit after the interview and discussed next steps. The internship is 12 weeks long, from February to April. If I make it to the next round, I should hear by early December. I guess I get to join another waiting club.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments: